Saturday, August 12, 2006

11 Months Old


Aerin is 11 months old today! I swear she picks up a new skill every single day. She can feed herself the bottle now - she finally figured out that she has to hold it up to get the milk and she now has the strength to do it. She still prefers to be fed, though. She really, really wants to stand on her own and walk. I'm both looking forward to and dreading that day. Aerin likes hanging out in the clean laundry hamper and she figured out how to get out of it, which was an unwelcome surprise for me (though she was very proud of herself). She's kind of picking up on the baby signs - she knows "uppy" and will also respond to "Do you want to go to Momma (or Daddy)?" by reaching out to the person asking. It's very adorable.

Aerin got to meet her Great-Uncle Tom, Great-Aunt Amy, and Cousins Hallie and Rachel this week. They unfortunately couldn't hold or touch her because of allergy issues, but it was a lovely visit all the same. I think I can officially declare that Aerin's stranger anxiety is gone, not that it was all that bad to begin with. She was very happy to be with her family and was all smiles for them.

I finally sent out birth announcements, which I've been wanting to do practically since I got pregnant. I've heard from people I haven't spoken to in a while, which is such a nice part of birth announcements. My OB from Roanoke, Dr. Martin, called. She took care of Aerin and me until we moved to back to Richmond and it was so nice to speak to her and tell her all about the baby she helped to survive. Aerin and I were so blessed to have the very best medical care from start to finish.

1 comment:

Anne/kq said...

I got the very cute birth announcement, thanks!

We put it on our fridge. :D Emma enjoys it.