Monday, November 13, 2006

Progress

Aerin changes so quickly that I can hardly keep up with all of her new and emerging skills to report them. She has mastered the pincer grip with her right (hemangioma) hand, as you can see. She can even take a Cheerio out of your pincer grip, if you offer it to her that way. Any lingering fears I might have had about her use of that arm have evaporated.

While we were visiting our friends in Northern Virginia, Aerin discovered that she likes cars. Tristan and Aidan, four-year-old identical twins, were so generous about sharing their toys that they didn't even blink when Aerin went after their fleet. When we got home, I searched for pink cars, but they don't seem to have any in the stores. So I got Aerin a green VW bug (new model), a black Lamborghini, and a red pickup truck. I have pink cars on order. Aerin loves to push them around and crash them.

Aerin has developed her own trademark wave. She raises her left arm straight in the air, without bending the elbow, and kind of moves her hand back and forth a little bit. We went to the store the other day and she was waving at people right and left. I had also made the mistake of taking her out with a bow in her hair, so it took about 3 times as long to finish my shopping with all the people wanting to stop and coo at Aerin. I'm glad she brings joy to people, but sometimes I just want to do my shopping and leave the store in less than 2 hours.

In other news, Aerin won't leave me alone. She screams when I leave the room, which can be very frustrating. She's been extra clingly lately, always wanting to be held or to sit in my lap. I don't know how I got such a clingy child - I am one of the most indpendent people I know and always have been. C'est le vie.

5 comments:

Anne/kq said...

She'll outgrow the clinginess, just you wait... It goes back and forth.

So awesome that she does the Rose Queen wave! *grin* Emma used to do that, too. What a couple of princesses.

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable.

Anonymous said...

My niece used to do that to my sister-in-law. My SIL had to carry her absolutely everywhere. Now, she's the most independent kid I've seen. Maybe all the times she reached for her mother and found her gave her that sense of security that she could be very independent later. I'll bet it will be the same with Aerin. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi- Just thinking about you and, as always, am so glad to see everyone doing so well. You continue to be in our thoughts!

Nunzia said...

she's beautiful. God bless.