Friday, August 03, 2007

MRA News

I just spoke to the MRA Department at St. Mary's and I feel better. They will allow me to stay with Aerin until they put her under and they will let me into the recovery room the second she shows the slightest sign of waking up. They'll even put the Pedialyte in her own sippy cup. The nurse could not have been more helpful and reassuring. She even gave me her direct number if I have any more questions.

We have to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. and they should start by 8:00 or 8:30. We'll have the anesthesia consult beforehand. Aerin can't eat or drink from midnight on, so I might wake her up at 11:00 p.m. and give her some milk so that she won't be starving. I don't think it'll be too hard for her because she'll be very tired - she normally wakes up around 8:30 and we have to leave the house by 6:20. Aerin will be having a physical the day before, so I'll get to talk to her pediatrician. They always help reassure me.

I'll also get to look at the films myself. They give them directly to me and I deliver them to Dr. Haynes. I know I won't be able to read them, but I want to see them nevertheless.

Now I just have to find clothes for her that don't have snaps or zippers.

2 comments:

Anne/kq said...

I'm glad you are feeling less stressed about it. We have been praying for you. (((hugs)))

And I TOTALLY understand wanting to see the films, even if you don't understand them. I am the same way.

Anonymous said...

Aerin is adorable.
We have all been praying for your family.
Good Luck.