Friday, February 03, 2006

Day 144

I woke up before Aerin for the first time this morning. I looked at my clock and charged into her room, petrified. She was perfectly fine and sleeping soundly. It's the first time she slept for a 6-hour period. She would have slept longer, but I had to wake her up to eat - her reflux gets really bad if she goes too long between feedings. Happily, she had a great feeding. She's eaten well all day today, which is a relief - she had a day of very fussy feedings yesterday.

Aerin is at the point where I'm pretty sure she's over her cold. She still has some congestion and a cough, but that's to be expected for a preemie who's been intubated (both when she was born and during the pneumonia. Her chest is always clear when I listen to it. I'm still relieved when I don't hear any crackles or squeaks, though.

Aerin's Grandma Rita is coming to visit her from New York City tomorrow and we're very excited to see her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I have to tell you that I still do that now that Emily Anne is 19 months. She rarely sleeps through the night, but if she does I don't because I keep waking up wondering why she isn't waking up :-)
-- Amy

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha! I remember the first time that happened. I woke up (it was the day after we moved) and it wasn't the middle of the night-- it was morning. My husband was stirring, so I woke him up, too, and whispered, "what time is it?" (Without my glasses I'm blind.) He told me, and I turned over to the bassinet to make sure Emma was still breathing! She was, and we were just THRILLED. (She did 7 1/2 hours, though. We had moved the day before.)

Maybe you'll be getting more sleep soon!

-Anne/kq