Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Recharged

I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I got the chance to recharge, thanks to Aerin's Grandma Rita. She watched Aerin while I did some necessary shopping and even got to have a pedicure. Of course I fell asleep in the middle of it, but it was awesome nonetheless. I also got to take pressure-free showers and take a little break from the intensive day-to-day work that I usually do. And it was so nice to see Aerin getting to know her grandmother. We cannot wait until her next visit.

Aerin is up to 12.5 pounds and my back and shoulders are really starting to feel it. She can have a string of very fussy days and then a string of fuss-free days. She has figured out how she rolled over and now tries to do it in her bassinet. She can't because I have her in a sleep positioner, but I'm worried that she'll knock the bassinet over trying to get onto her back. It looks like we're going to have to get a crib 2.5 months ahead of schedule. I'm surprisingly emotional about it - my tiny baby is big enough for a crib.

Aerin is beginning to imitate sounds. She and I have long "conversations" and she just loves it. She is also very smiley, although I haven't been able to capture any on camera. She loves to stare at people and has a very intent gaze.

No comments: