Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bon Voyage


Aerin is 5 months (adjusted) today and weighs 14 pounds even. She has discovered her feet and is so athletic that she is doing perfect heel stretches already. She is very into rattles and knows to bat and shake them to make noise. She can also drag objects to her. Aerin is a little chatterbox and always has something to say. Andrew and I both heard her say, "Hey, Momma!" and I heard her say, "Thanks." Getting her to say all that again is proving a challenge, but I'm confident we'll be hearing a lot more very soon.

Mother's Day was fantastic, btw. It was so different from last year, when we were in the middle of my very troubled pregnancy and wondering if we'd have cause to celebrate this year. Andrew and Aerin gave me a special mug that they had made and flowers and balloons and cards. We had a lovely lunch and Aerin fell asleep so that Andrew and I could eat at the same time. Oh, and Andrew bought me a new car, which I think is a pretty neat gift.

We're hitting the road early tomorrow morning and heading to Bethlehem. I'm excited and nervous - this will be a travel litmus test for us and I really hope Aerin does well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip! Remember that even the best-behaved babies usually get a little bit fussy with travel and disruption of schedule. Figure that if she sleeps at all, even if it's not on her regular schedule, and keeps eating, even if it's not as much as usual, she's doing great. I'll be thinking of you all while you're gone!

Love,

Anne/kq