Thursday, January 26, 2006

Days 134-136

Aerin and I have had a rough couple of days, feeding-wise. She's been fussier and slower than usual. Today she took 2 hours to eat 60 cc's, so I called Dr. Al-Mateen. Since her chest is clear and she's still having wet diapers, he doesn't feel that this is a significant problem. We are trying an experiment for the next 24 hours. I will stop Aerin's feedings after she has stopped eating vigorously. Her pattern is that she'll gulp anywhere from 50 to 80 cc's and I'll coax the rest into her 5 cc's at a time over 90 minutes. We're going to try allowing her to stop herself when she wants and see if she still has wet diapers and doesn't lose weight. I'll call Dr. Al-Mateen with the results tomorrow and we'll go from there. So far, so good - she's taken 80 and 95 cc's at her last 2 feedings.

Aerin is sleeping long stretches during the night, which makes things a lot easier for her momma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for sleep!

And hopefully she's just having a few of those days; you know, sometimes kids just don't wanna eat. I'm sure she'll be better soon. Hang in there. :)

Love,

Anne/kq