Monday, January 30, 2006

Days 138-140


Aerin had a great weekend. The new feeding schedule is really making things easier for both of us. It's wonderful not to have to spend 90 minutes coaxing her to eat. She's actually eating the same amount, if not more, because we've added 1-2 additional feedings. Even with the extra sessions, we still spend less time on feedings. Aerin seems to have less reflux this way, too. I was worried that she would stop gaining weight or even lose weight, but I shouldn't have - she's up to 9 pounds, 14 ounces! I can't believe her weight is going to be in the double digits soon.

Aerin's adjusted age is 6 weeks today and she's either on track developmentally or ahead. Yesterday I asked her who wants to eat and she smiled at me. Today I asked her if she wanted to eat and she smiled at me. She smiles at Andrew when he makes up silly songs for her. She definitely has dimples, which is amazing because neither of us do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is a little beauty.
Worth all the trouble.
Alan A.

gojirama said...

Aww, the smiling! What a joy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she's food-motivated! Better watch out, that's all ours thinks about... ;)

-Anne/kq

Anonymous said...

I know you must hear this all the time but when I enlarged this picture I gasped. She is so beautiful. What lucky parents.