Sunday, July 23, 2006

Clingy Teething

Aerin has had a rough couple of nights this week (though she slept through last night). The teething is in full swing and is challenging for us all. On my friend Anne's advice, I wet and froze one of her soft teethers and she actually took it for a little while. She seemed to get some relief, but she'll still only take it if she's in the mood. Aerin has taken to lifting up her arms when she wants to be picked up (which is any time I put her down). It's very adorable.

Aerin's Aunt Jenn is visiting and her Aunt Cara is in town, so I am very happy and busy lately. I'll write more about them later this week. Aerin has some mild stranger anxiety, which is surprising to me. So many different people have cared for her and held her in her life that I thought she'd be the one baby who never feared strangers. She gets over it fairly quickly, so it's not really a problem for us. The separation anxiety is also very much in evidence - Aerin is a Momma's Girl through and through. It's not as bad when she can't see me or when she's with someone she loves and trusts, like Grandnana. But when she's upset, only Momma can calm her down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cousin, that is one beautiful picture. I hope to see many more like it

Anne/kq said...

Emma says, "Hi baby! Baby pretty."