Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Standing Alone

Yesterday morning Aerin stood without support for 5 seconds! I know because I held my breath and counted. I was very excited, but Aerin didn't even notice. She didn't even fall when she was done, she just reached her hand out for support.

Aerin loves to close her door when she plays in her room. I keep it open and gated and she just crawls over and swings it shut. Sometimes she doesn't shut it all the way and tries to open it so that she can try again. This never works because she sits in front of it and blocks it completely. It's so funny to watch.

We recently discovered that Aerin loved edamame (Japanese soybeans). I try to give her a large variety of foods so that she won't have a bland palate when she grows up. She is very game about trying new foods - she'll let you put anything in her mouth. However, if she doesn't like the taste, she'll pull it out of her mouth and throw it on the floor. She's not a spitter at all. She also has a highly-developed gag reflex and will make herself throw up if she decides she doesn't like something after she's swallowed it. I was thrilled that she liked the edamame - it's so good for her. She would have eaten an entire bowl of it, but too much can upset the tummy.

3 comments:

Anne/kq said...

*claps for Aerin*

Such a big girl! Good job! She'll be walking unsupported before you know it!

If she likes edamame, I bet she would like Chinese snow peas as well.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a chance to check your blog in a while. It is always such a delight to see all of Aerin's cute new pictures and hear about all her progress. She is doing so well and looks so sweet. And now she is a walker -- and such an eatter, too! Good for her!
Hope all is well with you!

Love, Amy

PS Yes, I would definitely watch the edamame. Emily loved it too, but she didn't digest it very well . . . :-)

Anonymous said...

I have not been able to access your blog for some reason, maybe my computer, etc.
Aerin is growing into a darling and beautiful girl, and it seems she is healthy and happy.
Happy New Year.