Monday, January 22, 2007

Playtime Progress

Aerin is very serious about her play. When she decides to put something somewhere, she will fulfill her mission at any cost. She's also very goal-oriented. Since she conquered the stacking rings, she's been working on her Haba train. She wants to be able to put the pegs into the holes and to put the blocks onto the pegs. So far, she can get the yellow peg in and put the blocks on about 1/3 of the time. They are the first toy she goes for during playtime. She's also very creative - she has figured out that if she puts things on the nursing stool (which is at an incline), they'll slide down. Pull-the-flap books are another favorite toy. She can lift the flaps herself and has such a good time. I think it's like peekaboo to her and that's still among her favorite games.

Teething is making Aerin very bite-y. She bit my left na-na yesterday and it was fantastically painful. She took me totally by surprise, too, so I cried out. This startled her into crying, to which I was somewhat less sympathetic than I usually am.

Aerin understands so much now. You can ask her if she's hungry, if she wants O's, if she wants Momma or Daddy, if she wants uppy, if she wants her baba, or if she wants a bite (Gerber apple wheels broken up into tiny pieces) and she'll let you know what she wants. She will also hand you whatever you ask for and give you five. She's also very good about not doing things that I tell her not to. I usually just say no, don't do that in a firm voice and shake my head and that's the end of it. Except she still won't keep her hat or socks on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so adorable in her "curlies", and her eyes are so blue.

Anne/kq said...

She just gets sweeter and smarter by the day, doesn't she?

I can't believe that she does lift-the-flaps nicely! That's incredible! My girls, like most under-four kids I know, promptly turn lift-the-flap books into RIP-the-flap books. >_<

I'm so glad she's doing so well. Someday we are going to come spoil her in person.

gojirama said...

Wow! have not dropped by in so long, and she is just so big!
I remmeber na-na biting. The only time I ever put my kids down and didn't pick them up when they cried. But they only ever did it once.

I can't belive that hair-she has so much!