Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Day 15: 1 Pound, 15 Ounces

Aerin continues to do well. She's up to 9 cc's with her feedings and might be bumped up to 10 later today. Her weight is up to 1 pound, 15 ounces. She's just 1 ounce away from 2 pounds! Dr. Seguira is considering taking her off the CPAP and putting her back on the Vapotherm because she's doing so well. We'll find out after he does his next assessment of her.

It turns out that I'm allergic to the scrub soap in the NICU. Dr. Rose has given me premission to scrub with another kind of soap that they have in there and gave me some A&D ointment, which worked wonders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I know how it is to be allergic to something ubiquitous! I'm allergic to rubbing alcohol...

I'm glad they have an alternative for you. :) And w00t for the weight gain and no more apnea!

That girl is one strong fighter!

-Anne/kq

Anonymous said...

I am so encouraged by Aerins improvement...
You all should be very proud of yourselves as a family.
Alan A.