Monday, September 26, 2005

Two Weeks Old!

Aerin is 2 weeks old today! It's hard to believe. She had her first excellent blood gas last night and her feedings are being bumped up to 7 cc's this afternoon and 9 cc's tonight. She'll be on the biliblanket for a couple more days, at least. Dr. Seguira (who was at her birth, btw) wants to keep it on while she's receiving her antibiotics. Since it's not uncomfortable for Aerin, I don't mind in the least. It's so much more benign that the bililight.

Our family also has another, smaller milestone today: I am allowed to drive again. It's great to have my independence back and it's easier for Andrew to get his work done without having to plan around my schedule. He has been fantastic throughout my entire difficult pregnancy, the bedrest, and Aerin's birth. We've been married for almost 5 years, and I've never loved him more.

Something is up with the index and we're not sure what. It's at the very bottom of the page for some reason and we have no idea how it got there or how to fix it. Please bear with us, as we probably won't get around to fixing it for a while (or at all). We're kind of hoping it'll fix itself.

Special thanks to my friend Sarah Townsend, who hand-knitted 2 gorgeous hats for Aerin. We can't wait until she's big enough to wear them.

2 comments:

gojirama said...

Wonderful about the blood gases! I am keeping you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. M, I am so gald she is doing better. I am sure she will keep growing and gaining weight...it is the only time in her life where rapid weight gain is a good thing, right?

She can have about 40 lbs of mine if she want it. ;)

You are a completely adorable family. I would like to thank you and your husband for sharing all of this with us at Hatrack....I read that thread every day hoping that if I missed something it would be good news. :D

Good luck, and God bless.


Kwea and JenniK