Monday, September 19, 2005

One Week Old!

Big day today!

Aerin's PICC line went in her right arm. We're waiting for x-rays to see if it went in properly. Her arterial line is coming out and she's going to be fed my breast milk for the first time. It'll only be a couple of drops. I'm anxious to see how she does with the feeding. She's done so well with her breathing and her heart that I'm afraid that the other shoe will drop with her eating.

Here bilirubin count is down, so the bililight is going off. I hope it's for the final time, but we'll have to wait and see.

I was worried that all the activity would stress her out, but the nurse said that she tolerated it really well. She won't be fed until 6:00 p.m.

My friend Jenn is coming from Eugene, Oregon to see her. I'm very excited.

No comments: