Friday, September 30, 2005

Day 18: Part 2

I got to hold my sweet baby girl for the first time today. Aside from her birth, it was the best moment of my life. I cannot truly describe how wonderful it was (and since I'm very tired, I'm not going to attempt to try right now).

Aerin is doing well. She did not get a transfusion today. Her hematocrit was borderline, so the doctor wants to give her a chance to resolve the anemia by herself. She's back on the Vapotherm. I'm glad about that - I didn't think she was ready to be on a regular cannula. Her feedings are now up to 17 cc's!

She was moved from NICU A to NICU B. They just needed to even up the unit and they chose to move Aerin because she is the most stable baby in NICU A.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

once again little Aerin Amelia has made you proud.
we are very happy you finally got to hold her close.
Alan A.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she's doing well.
*big hugs for all M. family*

Anna.

Anonymous said...

w00t! for holding your little baby! I just can't imagine how excited you must have been to finally get to snuggle!

And yay also for "most stable baby in NICU A"!!! Go Aerin!

-Anne/kq

gojirama said...

That is just wonderful, Kira. I'm overjoyed that you're getting to hold her.

Jenna

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is beautiful and seems to be quite the little fighter. "Most stable baby" moves are amazing feelings. :) Her progress is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I love the "most stable baby" comment! It's great to hear how well she's doing.