Friday, December 23, 2005

Day 102


Aerin is sleeping peacefully in her bassinet, so I'm taking advantage. She's going down much more, which is a great help to me. Not that I don't love holding her and cuddling her, but sometimes I have to do things like eat and use the bathroom. Every day she does something new and adorable. Yesterday she grabbed hold of my shirt when I was feeding her and held on until she was done. Her grasp reflex is very strong - I've had to stop wearing necklaces.

Aerin is feeling better. Dr. Al-Mateen adjusted her medication and it's made a huge difference. She now gets Zantac every other feed for her reflux, instead of twice a day. She's also on Reglan, Mylicon, iron, and multivitamins. We give her the meds with syringes and she takes them easily, except for the vitamins. I don't blame her - they probably taste as bad as they smell. I mix them with a little bit of milk to make them go down easier. Dr. Al-Mateen's nurse, Tammy, could not get over how big and beautiful Aerin's gotten.

Yesterday I had to run some errands at Henrico Doctor's Hospital and I visited the NICU. Everyone was happy to see me and thrilled to hear that Aerin is home again. I was talking to Dr. Sequira, who was at Aerin's delivery, and he was amazed at how advanced she is. It was weird being back there, but it was good, too. It reminds me of how far Aerin has come and how remarkably well she has done.

4 comments:

gojirama said...

Many blessing- you will have many miracles to celebrate this year.

Anonymous said...

This site is wonderful and I am so happy that Aerin is doing so well!!!!! We talk all the time about how spunky and sweet she is!! Debbie (nurse in St. Mary's PICU)

Anonymous said...

That picture is so adorable, I think I'm going to "Awwww!" again. :D

-Anne/kq

Anonymous said...

happy holidays to the Marx family, and best of all to Aerin Amelia.
blessings,
Alan A.