Sunday, October 02, 2005

Day 20: Part 2

Aerin continues to do well. Her gestational age is 29 weeks today. She is maintaining her weight of 2 pounds, 2 ounces and breathing oxygen in the 30's.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but every day Aerin receives Theophylline or Aminophylline (the difference is delivery - one goes through her PIV and the other goes through her Vapotherm). She's gotten it since the day she was born. It keeps her from having apnea episodes (i.e. helps her remember to breathe). I'm just so glad that they have this medication available - our family owes so much to medical technology.

I want to thank everyone who has been reading and commenting on this blog. Your comments are very special to Andrew and me and we plan to save them to show Aerin some day. It encourages us to think of all the people who love our baby girl. I am sorry that we can't respond to everyone individually, but we just don't have the time. Special thanks to Anne (kq), Alan A., Jenna, Anna, Tracy (Farmgirl), Kwea and JenniK, Breyerchic, shelly, Amy, Jim & Emily Anne, Jim Lamb, Wendybird, Rabbi Shapiro, and Big Momma.

On another note - happy birthday to Aunt Cara (aka Cara Phillips), who has been my best friend since high school. We can't wait until she gets to meet Aerin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kira and Andrew;
A really happy and great picture of your little family.
You all have come such a long way.
We are all praying for your family.
Alan A.

gojirama said...

You all look so happy. I'm grateful you have such great doctors and medical care.