Friday, October 07, 2005

Day 25: Part 2


The transfusion really made Aerin feel better. She's breathing much easier and her oxygen percentage is back in the 20's and 30's. She looks a lot better, too.

Despite being off feedings, she didn't lose any weight. She's still at 2 pounds, 3 ounces. She will probably start back on feeds tomorrow morning, after the doctors get together to make their report.

Aerin has graduated from peewee diapers to preemie diapers. They're huge on her, but the peewees just weren't doing the job. She might be allowed to start wearing hats, too. It'll be a while before we can dress her, though.

I got to give Aerin a bath for the first time. We both loved it! I was a bit nervous, but Aerin's nurse, Natalie, was beside me the entire time. She assured me that I did great. It was just a sponge bath, but I did use real infant soap. Aerin was awake and alert the entire time and she didn't get stressed out at all. She frowned a bit when I washed her back, but she cheered up when I washed her hair. She was so happy to be shampooed that I swear she smiled. She has never looked more adorable and that's saying something. It was such a joy to be able to bathe her that I'm still walking on air.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"She might be allowed to start wearing hats, too."

Yay! I'm making some against that day. :D

And so sweet to be able to wash her! If she can use regular infant soap, she's doing better skin-wise than mine ever did; we can't touch her with regular soap or she gets horrible excema. Hurrah for normalcy!

-Anne/kq

Anonymous said...

WHEWWW,,,SOME MINI STEPS BACK THERE FOR AWHILE..
SO GLAD ALL IS BACK ON TRACK.
GOD'S BLESSINGS ON AERIN AMELIA, AND HER MOTHER AND DAD.