Monday, October 17, 2005

Day 34

Aerin is up to 2 pounds, 10 ounces. She's a little more than 15 inches long, which is almost 2.5 inches longer than she was at birth. I'm thrilled with how quickly she's growing.

She had a mostly good day. She did have one brief brady, but came right out of it. Otherwise, she's still in the 20's with her oxygen.

I got to cradle her today for the first time. I have to take a break from kangarooing because of some possible breastfeeding issues, but they still wanted me to be able to hold her. She's big enough now that she can be swaddled and taken out of her isolette for short periods of time. I held her for 30 minutes and I couldn't take my eyes off her. It was the first time I got to examine her face up close. I've only been able to look at her through the isolette and you can't get that close. Plus, you can't see her at all during kangaroo care. I really love being able to do "normal" things with her and I've dreamed of cradling her for so long. She was pretty happy and looked around before falling asleep. I hated to put her back.

2 comments:

gojirama said...

Wow! I am glad you got to cradle her. I hope all the breastfeeding issues are resolved.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! You know, every day I am just AMAZED at what a strong, healthy girl you have. It makes me very happy for all of you.

-Anne/kq