Sunday, October 23, 2005

Day 41


Aerin is 32 weeks gestational today and her progress is remarkable. She's now strong enough that she'll pull out any of her tubes, no matter how well they're taped. She's also finding her voice and crying more often. The nurses love it, because it means she's got plenty of energy and lung power. I'm not as happy, because I hate the idea of her having anything to cry about. She doesn't cry very often, really. She has a new way to torment me - she'll give one cry and by the time I get to her, she's either smiling or sleeping.

Her breathing is great - she's still at 21% and 2 liters. She does get bumped up to 25% when she's eating, because of the reflux. She's eating 25 cc's and digesting all of it. I can't believe she's eating 200 cc's per day! She had another very messy diaper and needed another one right when I was changing her. I thought it was adorable, but I think everything she does is adorable. She's getting more beautiful every day. Her eyelashes are finally turning from white to brown.

One product that is a lifesaver is her WubbaNub. The nurses were all atwitter when I brought hers in and they're considering buying them for the NICU. Aerin loves hers (she has the froggy).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*waves back at Aerin*

breyerchic04

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, she is soo cute, and I love the pictures with her WubbaNub! He is almost as big as she is! Too precious!
--Amy

Anonymous said...

Look at those beautiful eyes!

Thanks for sharing Aerin's progress with all of us. I have really enjoyed watching her grow and become stronger every day!

--Shigosei