Friday, October 14, 2005

Day 31

Sorry about the late post - yesterday was Yom Kippur. Aerin had yet another good day. Her oxygen percentage didn't go above 30 for the entire day, which makes 4 days in the 20s. They're trying her on a regular cannula later today. The first 2 times didn't go that well, but I think she might be ready now (I knew she wasn't the first times). We'll see.

Aerin now weighs in at 2 pounds, 9 ounces! Her feeds are up to 16 cc's. She'll go back up to 20 by the end of this week, but not farther than that. Once she's tolerating 20, they'll just add calories to the breast milk so she'll continue to gain weight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was checking the blog today and my daughter Emma (18 months) came up to the computer. She took one look at the monitor, pointed, and squealed, "Bay-bee!" She then proceeded to climb up on my lap, get right up to the screen, and kiss Aerin's picture repeatedly.

So this post is to send love to Aerin Amelia from Emma Rose. *kisskisskisskisskiss*

-Anne/kq

Jennifer said...

Way to Go Aerin. Only one month old and your are bigger that my son at Birth! Scott was 2lbs 8.2oz. I'm so proud of how well your are all doing. I found your site last week and fell in love. What a bueatiful little girl. God Bless.
~jen