Monday, October 10, 2005

Day 28: Later



I just got back from the hospital - I just wanted to spend some more time with my baby girl. It's so hard being separated from her. Leaving the hospital is awful - it's like that old song, "Every time we say good-bye, I die a little..." I always thought that song was overly sentimental, but now it describes exactly how I feel.

Aerin is doing so well. She slept the entire time I was there, except when Jennifer, her night nurse, and I did her care (diaper change, temperature check, eye drops, etc.). I did the diaper change and temp, which I always do when I am there. I have mastered the art of making a regular preemie diaper fit my micro-preemie (lots of intricate folding). She was pretty happy to get the eye drops and opened her eyes wide and smiled - it was so adorable. She's back up to 2 pounds, 4 ounces and is taking 8 cc's per feeding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is just beautiful. I really look forward to these posts, and cheer aloud when it is good news.
Looks like she is smiling in this picture.
Bless her little heart.
Alan A.

Anonymous said...

This is my first post, although I read this religiously. I LOVE Aerin's pictures. She is so adorable that her lines and pipes are hardly noticeable. How many albums have you filled so far? Thank G-d for digital cameras and for gorgeous baby girls like yours! It's so heartwarming for us to hear all about her and see your family pics.

Shoshana

Anonymous said...

Just look at that little face! That girl is just going to break hearts when she grows up!

-Anne/kq

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable! I love her smile!