Thursday, November 03, 2005

Day 51

I'm pretty tired, so it's going to be a short update. I gave Aerin a bottle today for the first time. Actually, I gave her 2 bottles. She took all 30 cc's with the morning one and 28 cc's with the evening one. I love feeding her - it's the best bonding we've done. She kept stopping to stare at me during the morning one and it was very adorable. She got the hiccups at one point and looked at me like, "What do I do?"

Her reflux just goes on and on. She desats for a hour after each feeding because of it. It's not a big deal medically, but it's upsetting for me. Since she brings her numbers up herself, the doctors aren't worried. I never anticipated her getting reflux and I really wish it would go away. My schedule is changing a lot, since I want to be the one to feed her and she gets her bottles 8-12 hours apart.

She's back up to 3 pounds, 6.3 ounces.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kira, Arein is doing so well! It is normal for preemies to get reflux. Of course, I didn't find that out until Scotts 2nd day on reglan. Everything you are going through is normal. I know the feeling of your child is uncomfortable and you know you can't make them feel better. But you are doing everything you can and that is what is important. Keep up the great work! G*od Bless!
~jen~

Anonymous said...

AERIN VV JUST KEEPS GETTING MORE BEAUTIFUL BU THE DAY.
WE ARE SURE THE REFLUX WILL PASS AND SHE WILL BE PERFECT.
LOVE TO ALL.
ALAN A.

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) I know how it is to want to be able to "fix" your baby's problems, take away her pain, and not be able to; every parent goes through it. You're just getting an extra-large dose, extra-early. But you're strong, and you're doing a good job. You've got lots of love on your side, and so does Aerin. I know you can handle it. Keep up the good work. (((hugs)))

-Anne/kq