Sunday, November 06, 2005

Day 55: More Changes


I am feeling overwhelmed with all the rapid changes Aerin is going through. It's a good kind of overwhelmed, because all of the changes are good ones. She's down to 0.1 liter of oxygen and tolerating it beautifully. She's still on room air, which is astounding. She's barely needing any supplemental oxygen at all. After watching all those desats, I'm still thrilled to look at her monitor and see her pulse ox in the 90s. She does get turned up for feeds, though, so she won't have to work to breathe and can concentrate all her energy on eating. She's doing wonderfully with her bottles and took all of her yesterday evening one and all but 1 cc of this mornings.

The big news is that she finally moved into a bassinet! They're monitoring her temperature to make sure she can keep herself warm and so far, so good. I can hardly believe that I can stare at her all I want and there isn't a plastic wall between us. We can hold her pretty much whenever we want now and I'm going to build some huge arm muscles because I'm never putting her down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh fantastic baby girl, you keep on doing it.

Anonymous said...

Yayyyy!!! She looks healthier and chubbier in each picture. She is doing so well. I am just full of joy for all of you. Thrilling, absolutely thrilling!!!

-Anne/kq

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! We can't wait until she's home with you, and are so proud of the steps Aerin's been making towards this.

Happy anniversary! Shoshana

gojirama said...

I can't believe how big and chibby she's gotten just in the past week. :)

Jenna