Friday, November 18, 2005

Day 66

Aerin had a somewhat better day today. We nursed 3 times in a row and she did very well. She did 25 minutes for the first 2 times and 15-20 minutes the last time. She refused a bottle after the first 2 times, but did take 8 cc's after the last. She was a bit fussy during the last session, so I wasn't surprised that she wanted a bit more. She's completely off tube feedings as of today. The next step is to wean her off the blow-by during the feeds. It's also the last step - she goes home after that.

Before we take her home, I'll be rooming in for a couple of days at the hospital. They give us a hospital room and I stay there with Aerin. That way, I do my first solo run with the doctors and nurses around the corner.

I also discovered that Aerin likes to be rocked. We already have a rocking chair, so that's one thing I can cross off my list.

Aerin continues to gain weight, even with all her hard work feeding. She's at 4 pounds, 6.8 ounces!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so happy for you all. Before you know it she will be running about the house. And if she is anything like my son, trying to run the house. :D She is a Beauty!
~jen~