Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Day 71: Homecoming Eve


Aerin gained 2 ounces last night. I'm so glad that she did - I was worried because she didn't gain the last time we roomed in. We had a much better night that the first one. Aerin got her new apnea monitor (the one we'll be taking home) and it didn't ring off once. It's not attached to her with sticky leads. The leads are velcroed to a band, which is wrapped around her chest. It's much more comfortable for her and it obviously works better, too. I got about 2 hours of sleep.

Our travel system finally arrived today. We put it together and it's ready to go. We brought it to the hospital and they did a seat check. They put Aerin in the infant carrier/car seat for 30 minutes to make sure the position didn't make her desat. She did just fine, although she wasn't sure that she liked it. Seeing her in the seat reminded me how small she is - we pulled the straps as tight as they will go and they just fit her.

Our pediatrician, Dr. Al-Mateen, stopped by to say hello. I was nursing, so he didn't get a close look at Aerin, but he'll be seeing plenty of her soon enough.

Grandma Rita went back to New York City today. We loved having her here and she helped us so much with preparing the house for Aerin's arrival. Grandma Elizabeth is coming up on Thanksgiving Day to help us with the transition.

I feel nervous, but calm. This is the end of a long, long wait. I've been waiting my whole life to be a mother and I've waited 71 days for my baby to be home where she belongs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so exciting, can't wait to see pictures of Aerin on the way home and in her nursery. I'll be gone until friday, but keep on updating.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of Aerin with her Grandmother. Lots of love there.
Almost time for a great big WELCOME HOME Aerin.
Congratulations to the entire Marx family.
Carole and Dan

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe that pic! No tubes or wires! *grins very big*

And I can't wait to see her safe at home!!!

-Anne/kq

Anonymous said...

This makes me so happy. :) :)